The Skyline was introduced by Wahl-Eversharp in 1941. One of the most popular fountain pens of the 1940’s, production of the pen ceased in 1949. The list below is a work-in-progress. If you know of other informational Skyline resources, please list in the comment section. I’d appreciate the contribution!
- Binder, Richard, “Profile: Eversharp Skyline,” richardspens.com
- Conners, Rick, “Eversharp Skyline,” rickconner.net (Penspotters)
- Fountain Pen Restoration Blog, “Henry Dreyfuss and the 20th Century,” munsonpens.wordpress.com
- Gastony, Henry, “A Great View of the Skyline,” Pen World, Vol. 7 No. 2, Nov/Dec 1993, p.16, 18-19, 52-53. Some information about the Dreyfuss Skyline design patents.
- Gastony, Henry, “Skyline, Part II: In Search of the Sklyline Archives,” Pen World, Vol. 7 No. 3, Jan/Feb 1994, p.26-27, 60-61. Details Gastony’s search for information about Skyline protoypes and drawings, of which none are known to exist. On p.30-31 is a comic Skyline Pictorial by Pier Gustafson.
- Mamoulides, Jim, “Skyline Nibs,” Pentrace.net, Article #257. A wonderfully detailed article about the nibs.
- Mamoulides, Jim, “Eversharp Skyline is Unveiled,” PenHero.com, 6/22/02 – w/updates.
- Mamoulides, Jim, “Eversharp Skyline Modern Stripe 1941-1948,” PenHero.com, 5/27/02 – w/updates.
- Nishimura, David, “Eversharp Skyline,” Vintagepens.com. Contains great photo of sections with breather tubes.
- Saperstein, Syd, “Skyline Repair Tutorial,” Fountainpennetwork.com. Very good info about repairing Skylines.
Fred Plewa Klips
“Skyline Klips,” Pen World, Vol. 7 #2, Nov/Dec 1993, p. 52, Originally appeared in Vol. 4 #2, Nov/Dec 1990. Delightful illustrations dating Skyline caps.
Another reason to be a PCA member: Available from the PCA is an Eversharp Service Manual circa 1947. Great detail about the parts and assembly of Skylines, including the desk pen, Presentation, and Streamliner Skylines. Other pens included are the Fifth Avenue fountain pen, and the Eversharp CA (ballpoint). Corresponding Skyline, Fifth Avenue and CA repeater pencils are also covered.
The Summer 2008 issue of The Pennant has a beautiful Skyline on its cover (but no article).
The Fountain Pen Network has a valuable Wahl-Eversharp forum.